Hollywood review

The New Empire Leads The Chart From The Bottom; Find Out Which Movie Costs The Most!

MonsterVerse Movies Ranked From Low To High Budget: From Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire To Godzilla; See The List Here
Find Out Which MonsterVerse Movie Has The Highest Budget With Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire The Lowest (Photo Credit – IMDb)

The giant Gorilla, aka King Kong and Godzilla, is a dinosaur-like monster, and the duo has entertained the viewers for years. The excitement doubles when the Titans appear in the same movies, and their universe is known as the MonsterVerse. The latest release in the franchise is Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. These movies rely heavily on CGI to create screen monsters, requiring a hefty budget. Reportedly, the recent film has the lowest budget; find out which MonsterVerse movie is the costliest.

For the unversed, King Kong first appeared in a 1933 movie of the same name, and over the years, there have been numerous films. Meanwhile, Godzilla was introduced in Gojira or Godzilla in 1954. They have become a significant part of the pop culture. They were already ruling the fans in their individual films, but it was definitely a great idea to bring those two together and go head-to-head.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire is reportedly getting a positive reception at the box office upon its release on Friday. The modern-day MonsterVerse was created in 2014 with the movie Godzilla, and including the recent one, there are five films in the franchise. The 2024 film has a comparitively lower budget but will probably have the second-biggest opening after the 2014 flick.

The film introduced some new characters, including the ruthless villain Skar King. It is the second highest-rated Cinemascore movie in the MonsterVerse. Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire has received an A- score and is behind Godzilla’s A rating.

Now, as for the budgets of the MonsterVerse movies, here are the films ranked from lowest to highest –

5. Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024)

According to Deadline’s report, the film cost $135 million before P&A. Legendary funded 75%, and Warner Bros covered the remaining 25%.

4. Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

The movie came out amid the pandemic in 2021 and was made on a reported budget of $155 million. 

3. Godzilla (2014)

The first film that kickstarted the MonsterVerse and has the highest rating on Cinemascore was made on a budget of $160 million.

2. Kong: Skull Island (2017)

This Brie Larson, Samuel L Jackson, and Tom Hiddleston starrer movie had a reported budget of $185 million.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

It is the third movie in the MonsterVerse that brought ancient monsters like Mothra, Ghidoraa, and Rodan to fight Godzilla. The film’s estimated budget was around $170-$200 million. Considering the upper limit, we have put this film at the top spot.

Meanwhile, as per Deadline, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire has collected a three-day cume of $47.9 million in 62 markets. It is eyeing an impressive $175 million globally.

Godzilla x Kong was released in the theatres on March 29, 2024.

For more such content, stay tuned to Koimoi!

Must Read:  When Gwyneth Paltrow Revealed Robert Downey Jr Cried & Had Nervous Breakdown While Putting On His Iron Man Suit: “He Was In Hell”

Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Google News

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button